This delicious and original breakfast recipe will make you smile.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time35 minutes
Keyword: Diabetic-Friendly, Keto, Vegetarian
Servings: 4 people
- Four eggs large
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- Two tablespoons olive oils
- 1 pint of baby Bella mushrooms, smaller ones halved and bigger ones quartered
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- One clove minced garlic
- Three tablespoons vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Optional garnish: 1 thyme stem
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, onions, and Brussels sprouts will be added to a saute pan on medium heat. Cook for five minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook 12 minutes more, stirring often. Cook for another 30 seconds. Add the stock. Let the stock simmer for three minutes or until it is completely dissolved.
- Between the vegetables, create four spaces. Each space should have eggs. Turn heat down to low, and cook eggs for 5-8 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet on medium heat for 3 to 5 mins. Stir often until fragrant and golden. Allow cooling in the pan. When cool enough to handle, chop coarsely.
- Turn off heat. Add walnuts and parmesan. If desired, garnish with thyme.
Carbohydrates: 10gSmartPoints (Freestyle: 6
SmartPoints (Freestyle: 6